Immerse yourself in your words within a sacred community in a sacred place.
Writing and sharing in community with a wealth of unstructured alone time for writing, reading, reflecting and resting.
What 2019 Retreatants have said about their experiences:
- How can two days be so transformative?
- An atmosphere of nourishing trust where each woman feels safe enough to open to her own leadings and to the others in the group.
- I loved having long stretches to do whatever my body and mind needed.
- The prompts and handouts were so useful, and I know I will refer to them again and again.
- What a restorative, energizing time at Knobs Haven–a gift of time alone and in community.
- The space here is conducive to reflection—so many places to walk and commune with nature.
- It was an opportunity for me to be with myself and listen to myself and get to know myself in a new way…Knobs Haven itself, the sense of calm, beauty, order and friendliness played a role.
- I just loved this retreat so much. Perfect balance of structure and freedom, wonderful prompts and plenty of time to work on them in this beautiful, peaceful place.
- I can’t think of a single thing I’d want to change about this retreat, not the location, not the format, not your leadership approach…I will definitely be back.
Knobs Haven Retreat Center is located at the Sisters of Loretto Motherhouse in central Kentucky’s knob country. Founded by women in 1812 within the hill country the order still calls home, the Sisters of Loretto strive to bring the healing spirit of God into our world and commit themselves to improving the conditions of those who suffer from injustice, oppression and deprivation of dignity.
Pauletta Hansel is a poet, memoirist and teacher. Knobs Haven has held her and her work at for more than two decades. Originally from Appalachian Kentucky, she lives in Cincinnati, where she served as the City’s first Poet Laureate. She is author of seven collections of poetry and teaches creative writing in both community and academic settings.
- March 6-8, with an optional stay until Monday, March 9
- May 29-31, with an optional stay until Monday, June 1: A themed retreat co-led by Marta Donahoe and Pauletta Hansel for women exploring their transition into elderhood.
- August 7-9, with an optional stay until Monday, August 10
- December 4-6, with an optional stay until Monday, December 7 (Wait list only)
All Friday, 4 pm –Sunday/Monday 1 pm.
- $210 weekend/$290 till Monday
- Includes facilitation, workshop material, lodging and meals.
- Nonrefundable $25 deposit will hold your spot; remainder due six weeks before each retreat.
- Reduced “early-bird” full payment option of $185/$265. Deadline three months prior to retreat; refundable minus deposit only if space can be filled.
For more information and registration, contact me.